Wednesday 13 February 2013

Banana Cake


I think I've got to stop baking for a while.  Recently I made dark chocolate and & cranberry cookies, and in the last week I also made a banana & dark chocolate chip cake.




 
















You can find the recipe I followed here -

http://www.azeliaskitchen.net/blog/banana-cake-best-banana-flavour-cake/

To get the best out of any fruit cake, you need to use good fruit.  Some bananas are lovely, but others can be starchy and flavourless so it's worth doing your research into this fruit before making this cake.

Because this recipe uses 5 bananas, it's extra squishy and squidgy.  I used 100g of dark chocolate, chopped up. I covered the caked with my lazy icing, which is creme-freiche with some golden syrup on top.  Golden syrup, used sparingly,  goes well with banana I think, but I don't think creme-freiche complements banana enough for me to use it again.....unless I'm lazy hehe....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

LinkWithin